Brief Type: Lab Created Cut: Oval Carat: from 1.6 ct to 1.85 ct Color Range: Colorless (D-E-F) Clarity: VVS1-VVS2
RecommendationsThese diamonds are ones that caught my eye and which I then compared to the American Gem Society's cut guidelines charts. The AGS cut grade scale goes from 0 to 10 with 0 being ideal. I always recommend AGS 0 to 1 ovals to ensure maximum brilliance. Note that I expanded the search to include VS1 diamonds as searching for a potential AGS 0 within the VVS range did not return any results.
Here are the diamonds I also liked but which fell short of AGS’ ideal proportions. I include these here for your reference as you may come across another diamond you like and chances are I’ve already run it through my checks. This way you can see if I have already rated it before requesting I take a look.
This service is provided for free. Please be so kind as to use my affiliate link as the last link you click at the time of purchase.
I recommend a stone by combining a number of assessment factors including:
- the stone’s proportions and angles
- how confident I am that the recipient will absolutely love love love the diamond;
- calculated level of light return
- optical precision
- good quality diamond material
- the value I believe it represents;
- must be deemed eye-clean by me;
- how well it fits the brief.
Thomas J Stevens GIA DG CSG