Brief Type: Lab Created Cut: Cushion, Oval, Round Carat: from 0.85 ct to 1.5 ct Color Range: D,E,F,G Clarity: VS1-VS2 Notes: 1. Cushion 2. Oval 3. Round -I prefer the eye clean look..something that really "Blings!" -Budget ~$2k -Ring size: 7.5
The most brilliance is always going to be found in an ideal cut round brilliant, so if you want the most sparkle the best choice is the James Allen diamond. I have however found high performance stones in both the cushion and oval shapes at The Art of Jewels and Ritani respectively. All of the stones are excellent choices, as I work hard to make sure only the finest cuts are recommended through my concierge service.
My Overall Score is a measure combining a number of factors including:
- the AGS cut guidelines potential cut grade; What is AGS? See this article;
- how confident I am that the recipient will absolutely love love love the diamond;
- good contrast
- optical precision
- the value I believe it represents;
- must be deemed eye-clean by me;
- how well it fits the brief.
Thomas J Stevens GIA DG CSG