Brief Type: Lab Created Cut: Round Brilliant Carat: from 2 ct to 2.5 ct Color Range: Colorless (D-E-F) Clarity: VVS1,VVS2,VS1 Message: I’m looking for an engagement ring for my lady. Either a pave or cathedral setting works. I can settle for near colorless too if it’s recommended. Trying to stay between 6-8k if possible.
My Overall Score is a measure combining a number of factors including:
- the AGS cut guidelines potential cut grade; What is AGS? See this article;
- how confident I am that the recipient will absolutely love love love the diamond;
- good contrast
- optical precision
- the value I believe it represents;
- must be deemed eye-clean by me;
- how well it fits the brief.
I tend to recommend 6 prong settings over 4 prong settings as there are more instances of recipients returning 4 prongs in favor of 6 prongs than vice versa. Reasons cited include six prongs giving the appearance of a more secure hold on the diamond, as well as looking more rounded with a crown-like appearance.
Thomas J Stevens GIA DG CSG