Brief Type: Lab Created Cut: Round Brilliant Carat: from 0.9 ct to 1.25 ct Color Range: Colorless (D-E-F) Clarity: VS1-VS2 Message: I don’t like the “cloudy” look. 6 prong solitaire setting in platinum. Budget $3k total if possible. 1 carat would be nice but not a requirement.
|Lab-Created 1.01 Carat round diamond|
D Color | VS2 Clarity
Plat. 2mm Comfort Fit Solitaire (Six Prong)
|Lab-Created 1.25 Carat round diamond|
D Color | VS1 Clarity
Classic High Set Six-prong
My Overall Score is a measure combining a number of factors including:
- the AGS cut guidelines potential cut grade; What is AGS? See this article;
- how confident I am that the recipient will absolutely love love love the diamond;
- good contrast
- optical precision
- the value I believe it represents;
- must be deemed eye-clean by me;
- how well it fits the brief.
6 prong setting is a great choice over 4 prong settings as there are more instances of recipients returning 4 prongs in favor of 6 prongs than vice versa. Reasons cited include six prongs giving the appearance of a more secure hold on the diamond, as well as looking more rounded with a crown-like appearance.
Thomas J Stevens GIA DG CSG